Welcome
Hello there, my name is Reena and welcome to my humble blog. I'm 23 yrs old currently doing my degree in Econs anf Finance in SIM. I strive to achieve a good balance of spritual and emotional comfort. I'm a typical Taurean, which means I have very little patience and alot alot of ego. I can be really quick tempered but I try not to hold grudges for long. I have a weird bonding with God and a craving for knowledge. I hope you do enjoy the documentations of my random thoughts.
Recently


Advertisements

music

Everything - Michael Bublé
Vote For Me..

Subscribe

ping.sg - i ping do u?
Add to Technorati Favorites
Add Me

Reena Melanie Mohan's Facebook profile
New Visitors

Friends


Archives


  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007
  • January 2008
  • February 2008
  • March 2008
  • May 2008
  • June 2008
  • July 2008
  • August 2008
  • September 2008
  • October 2008

  • Counters


    Online
    Viewing

    Free Counter
    eXTReMe Tracker
    Tagboard

    Free website counter Locations of visitors to this page
    www.e-referrer.com
    View blog authority
    Sketches and a disappointing show. / 10/1/07
    I'd rather blog about the weekend that ended in a jiffy then to open up Microsoft word and start on my project which should have been mailed a while ago. (oh and I'm msning with Jaswin as well...) Have you realised how students always want to be working adults and how all the working and fat salaried workers always want to get back to school? Well, Jaswin and I had that typical conversation and like my Mummy, Aunty, Lynn and whoever else who works around me, her answer was no different. She prefers to study. Gosh! *Clicks on the msn window to reply to Jaswin*


    *Back*


    Ok this is bad....She works on Saturdays. Nooo...I need my sleep la.....I need to find a company that doesn't need me to work on weekends. I'II feel depressed.
    Anyways, since I'm in the kind of mood that I'd rather do anything else then to start on my project, I might as well blog about my not every eventful weekend. After what was like eons, I met the Darling Lady Lynn...K that sounded like some British Royal.

    Lunch was at Sketches bar and it was her treat. She's my makan buddy la. And next week will be my turn. Too many people have been remarking that I have a huge appetite for a small body. Helllloooo? Heard of high metabolism rate? Double that, and that's Me. =) Lunch was real good. I had pepper steak with fresh garden salad. (I kept asking Lynn where the garden was.....corny la..) And she had the king prawn and beef in cream. Goodness the highlight of the whole meal was the tiramisu cheese cake. It's heaven I tell you. It was so good that both of us were absolutely quiet during the whole time we savoured the cake. I will definitely head back there for the dessert.





    Enjoy the pics...








    Sweeeeeet eh? And I like her top as well...
    Thanks i know....
    Spicy mussels. Hmmm you see, Lynn and I are shellfish crazy so any restaurant that serves mussels or raw oysters, we will order it.
    weakness...
    clam chowder..didnt like it. tasted like thick oats.
    I loved the salad...and the potato topping. Prawn and meant....weird combi I thought...but it was nice...
    Tiramisu.................its was heaven on earth...

    I had to leave early because my Mum wanted me to follow her to an Indian cultural show which her company was invited to. This show is jointly produced by Sirpigal (a one year old Indian cultural society that aims in promoting the Arts to youth out there) and TRC (Tamil representative cooperative society.) TRC is trying to promote savings amongst the Indian youth in Singapore. I'm sure the producers of the show must be marveling at the success of the show considering all the tables were full of invitees. It was nice to see old folks from 3 homes were invited and disabled people performed together with abled ones on stage. Dr Balaji was the guest of honour and his wife was clad in a pretty green sari. But, the show was too draggy and at some point I couldn't relate to the objective of the show. Firstly, if you are trying to get the Indian youth to save more, wouldn't you expect more youth to be around? There was a handful of youth but many big shots like GMs and Vps were seated around mingling. Secondly, since when did the sari get shorter? Have you noticed how pioneer groups like Rameshvara have modified the sari to knee length? So, the younger generations follows. The girls were clad in short saris and danced with their legs high up in the air and from where I was seating, I could see most of her inner thighs. Not only were they thunderous, the minister of information, communications and the arts was seated in the front table. It was a 4 hour show with only singing and dancing and my butt started to ache. Sirpigal was a disappointment. The Indian arts does not only consists of singing and dancing! What happened to our traditional dancers? Including a short skit or play would have made a difference. Why are the female dancers being so rough and not lady like. What happened to the graceful Indian dancers? Doesn't the Indian culture encourage women to be graceful and pleasant to the eye? In my opinion, I have seen too may of such shows in CCs and clubs. But seeing a cooperative society and a arts group put up such a show makes me wonder about the future of the Indian arts in Singapore. In 20 years time, will we still hear classical music and see graceful barathanatiyam dancers or will women with modified saris jump on the stage, do the chicken dance and show off their inner thighs to us?

    One before the show with Mummy...

    Labels: , , ,

    StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!


    11:50 AM

    ♥♥♥
    |