Welcome
Hello there, my name is Reena and welcome to my humble blog. I'm 23 yrs old currently doing my degree in Econs anf Finance in SIM. I strive to achieve a good balance of spritual and emotional comfort. I'm a typical Taurean, which means I have very little patience and alot alot of ego. I can be really quick tempered but I try not to hold grudges for long. I have a weird bonding with God and a craving for knowledge. I hope you do enjoy the documentations of my random thoughts.
Recently


Advertisements

music

Everything - Michael Bublé
Vote For Me..

Subscribe

ping.sg - i ping do u?
Add to Technorati Favorites
Add Me

Reena Melanie Mohan's Facebook profile
New Visitors

Friends


Archives


  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007
  • January 2008
  • February 2008
  • March 2008
  • May 2008
  • June 2008
  • July 2008
  • August 2008
  • September 2008
  • October 2008

  • Counters


    Online
    Viewing

    Free Counter
    eXTReMe Tracker
    Tagboard

    Free website counter Locations of visitors to this page
    www.e-referrer.com
    View blog authority
    Mother Teresa / 11/9/07
    I attended a talk on the spiritual crisis of the blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta in the Church of the Risen Christ today. I've always loved listening and finding out more about the Mother and since the secular press has been giving a very bad reflection of the Mother, I thought it was necessary for me to clear my doubts and find out more about her.
    Before I do continue, for those who don't really know about her and her achievements, click here to find out more.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother_Teresa#_note-7

    The straits times article on her anniversary this year, affected many Catholics, who were expecting to read and marvel at her works of charity. The blessed Mother was criticised and accused of robbing Calcutta of it's culture and beauty. The author felt that the Mother was an iron women who being European herself was a crusader and shrewd fund-raising politician. Well, the author did give a completely different perspective of Mother Teresa. It's good to address one's view. No harm in it. But it's sad to know that no matter what one does, there will always be someone to criticise and accuse. Be it Mother Teresa or not, we have to admit that not anyone of us would have the strength to under take such hardships. She chose this order mind you, it was done out of pure goodwill in the Lord's name. Why blame and accuse someone who was spreading love? It doesn't make sense to me that just because Calcutta is only referred to a state with poverty and slums, one would be so affected to condemn a wonderful person who devoted her life to help the homeless die with dignity.

    Mother Teresa did go through a period of darkness in her faith. She felt that her prayers were not being answered and this went on for 40years. The Church believes that when one attains a intimate relationship with the Lord himself, there would be periods when your faith will be tested. Not many will experience it because it's a gift. We should seek the God of Consolation and not the Consolations of God.

    There is so much Mother Teresa has taught us. By humbling herself to care for the sick and poor, she has praised the Lord and spread love. She felt that every Man out there needed to be loved and cared for. And we, people who are living in modern world with all sorts of technology and comfort fail to realise that poverty is still around. It's the poverty of loneliness. The blessed Mother told us not to travel all over the world to help the sick and poor but to turn around and feel, see and understand our surrounding. There would definitely be someone out there who would need your shoulder to cry on or a listening ear.

    We are in a society that expects us to strive and excel in everything that we do. In the course of struggling and meeting all expectations, we soon realise that life can be meaningless sometimes. I have come to realise that trying to excel in studies, work and play is not living Life. There was a huge emptiness I felt and my spiritual life was weak. My lips never spoke of the Lord nor did I ever do his work. Now I have realised and there is so much more to do.
    StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!


    11:05 PM

    ♥♥♥
    |