/ 8/25/07
My limbs felt so heavy when I woke up this morning. Every muscle seemed to be begging me to rest some more. I woke up exceptionally late after much resting and had a cup of hot Milo. (I should start sleeping early.)
The recent episode of Incredible tales freaked me out. Since I was home alone, I kept looking into the dark corners of my house to spot for any supernatural beings. I also positioned myself some where nearest to the gate in case I needed to bolt. Haha! It's only after the show did I realise how childish I had behaved. Ghost with red chongsum are scary OK....
Yesterday's lunch with Lynn was simple and yet good. She looks better and she seems happier as well. We have got plans for this sat....can't wait!
Alex messaged and told me he had flunked his common test. Poor boy. And most of them had flunked it. It's a wonder why so many people find Econs difficult. I'm meeting the boys again for "tuition" this sat in school. I don't mind la....they are a bunch of darling.
CNN had a one hour special report on extremist Muslims. It was interesting to find out the different perspectives they had on their religion. Islam is a very simple and beautiful religion. But, because of a few people, the Muslims have become victims themselves. In Iran, the government has stepped up procedures to detain women who are not covered up "properly." These women are fighting for liberalisation. A Dutch right wing politician wants to get rid of the Koran in his country. The Muslims there were shocked and prayed more. But an Imam there prayed and cursed cancer and other disease to strike the politician. Now the government is investigating matter to find out if there was a hate message attached to it. What affected me most from the report was how a family was proud of their son who had been a suicide bomber. They felt he had done nothing wrong in killing 9 women because it was Martyrdom to them. 1 book which meant to give us eternal life has been manipulated and hated all because of those who find no other avenues to succeed. Therefore they choose to become martyrs. Today at 10pm CNN will also presenting God's Warriors from a Christian point of view. (Do catch it...)
I'm thinking of taking up classes to find out more about Islam. To have a good general view about the religion. History....I've always loved it.
Have to get to work.....Bye for now...
Stumble It!
10:31 AM
♥♥♥
|