It's all about the Ching! Ching! / 8/21/07
I woke up with a throbbing headache and I am expected to be at work today. I am at my second last semester and in about 6 months time, I graduate with a degree in Economics and Finance. I can't wait to hit the working world. Go out there and make my money. I haven't exactly decided on what i want to do since all the career opportunities seem to bright. I narrowed down my choices and I feel that being a wealth manager or a remiser would be ideal. Decisions...Decisions...They are always so hard to make especially if you are as fickle as me.
Yesterday, Shaun, Adi, Michel and I met up to study. The boys are at their last semester of their diploma. I managed to study a good 3 hours and the rest I had to spend giving group tuition to the boys on the 2 sector market and money market. (Macroeconomics....) During one of our little breaks the topic about marriage and financial planning came along and Michel let us into a few interesting tips on financial planning. For example, if you are wanting to spend $4000 a month after your retirement, you should be saving $1230 from now! Most people out there do not seem to be understanding the magnitude of the problem until it's too late. Another interesting point that he brought up was that getting married in a 6 star hotel is going to cost more then $50,000. Why would you want to do that when that amount could be used as a deposit for your 5 room HDB flat? Would you want to have a grand wedding and a honeymoon to Penang or a simple one and a very memorable honeymoon? Whichever it is, do most of us realise we have only about 5 years more to save and have the most memorable wedding of a lifetime.....Scary isn't it? Some of us are lucky if our parents are willing to chip in and ease the burden but not all our parents can do that. Think about it, medical cost is so expensive in Singapore. I would rather my parents have the cash for their old age and I wouldn't even mind taking marriage loans. Yes.....there is something called marriage loans with good low interest rates. Thank goodness Mummy bought fat insurance plans for we girls. We don't have much of a worry....at least for the marriage part.Wah...so much to do and so little time. Today I must try my luck on toto or 4d whichever it is.......
It seems like the perfect day to laze at home. But I can't anyways. WOrk!!! And finance test!!!
Stumble It!
11:19 PM
♥♥♥
|