/ 3/4/07
On Thursday, I met up with the mates from St Fransis. Guna was in Singapore for a short visit and he joined as well. Oh goodness we hadn’t met for 3 years ever since graduating from St Fransis.
The weather was being a pain and so he picked me up in his BMW at Admiralty Mrt station. His car is super huge and it was such a difficulty trying to get out of the car park, (the road was too small.) We shopped around a little while waiting for Kokila and Hanson. Guna bought himself a pair of white pants from Zara (My choice!) and a white shirt from Armani Exchange. Ohhh…..Zara is having a gorgeous T-shirt sale and I was really tempted to get a few. Thanks to Kokila and her rattling, I forgot about the sale.
After shopping we headed down to Indochine and ordered a few drinks and chilled out. That’s when the whole topic about “being attached doesn’t give you time or makes it inconvenient’ for one to meet up with friends came about. Note: We were implying to friends which we don’t get to meet up with often.
The debate started off with me saying something sarcastic to Guna about not meeting up or keeping in touch when he first went off to Australia. He retorted saying he was attached then and his ex wouldn’t have had been happy about him being in touch with females, even though they were his darm classmates. (What a mama gal la!). He said it like he was ok about being controlled in his social life and further went on arguing that it was a norm in every relationship to be controlled. The argument continued until Hanson bud us in…
My views:
For goodness sake, we are mammals and we live in a society. No human can be a hermit and we all conform to the dynamics of society. This brings me to my main point that just because one is attached; he or she should not change his entire social life because of this fact. Yes, relationships are about commitment but one should prioritize their time well. Don’t get me wrong here: I am not implying that one can go on making new friends in the intention of dating them but one should remember to keep in touch with his/her friends. These friends can be primary, secondary or national service friends. What in the world is wrong with that? Isn’t trust the basis of their relationship? What is the meaning of “No la my boyfriend/girlfriend does like me talking to boys/girls” Hello! I would probably know the person even before you were attached to him. What right does a boyfriend/girlfriend have to restrict you from continuing a harmless friendship? Love is not supposed to be possessive. Love is to understand and trust. This obviously hasn’t sunk into the numbskulls of many out there? It’s sad to know that even I have lost many friends along the course of my life because they got attached and very restricted or simple lost the interest of continuing the friendship. In a way its good Guna broke up. He still has all of us who so badly were trying to get in touch with his all this while. He will be leaving on Sunday and I’m going miss his humor.
Disclaimer: It defeats the purpose of me writing a disclaimer but I shall for the name sake of it. I am NOT implying this entry to anyone out there. I am attached as well and Shaun can be a pain at times. He’s a darling 99.9% of the times though. So, do not tag my board and ask me if it is you I am writing about cause I doubt I would know anything about your PERSONAL relationship anyways. *Peace*
And plsssssssssssssssssssssssssss use the comment function at the bottom of this entry la!

*Guna, Me and Kokila....

*The new couple, Hanson and Loki...

Our drinks, Loki ordered a Guiness Draught, Kokila wanted a Bailey's Shake and I had the Orange Oasis. Mine tasted like medicine and Kokila's one was superb..

*Me and Her*

*Besties*
Stumble It!
1:41 AM
♥♥♥
|